The wire rope/cable assembly position will complete duties such as assembling components, reading work instructions/routings, and cutting, stripping and crimping wire by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards adhering to all safety practices.
- Cut cables to proper lengths requested by customer
- Assembled fittings onto cable in specified location
- Use hand and pneumatic tools to strip and crimp
- Read and interpret prints and assembly processes
- Evaluate any mechanical and material issues
- Placing and sorting materials in designated areas and also maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Package and ship finished product to customer
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Proficient math and basic excel skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Good eye for detail
- High school diploma
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. if necessary
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Friday 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. hours per week.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school education and one year of experience related to the position preferred
- Ability to read and write in English, follow verbal and written instructions
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.