The shipping and receiving clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
- Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Operates the stretch wrap banders.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Supports the shipment of goods produced and the received goods and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Plant Manager and or Quality department.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Inspect content to ensure they are undamaged
- Verify packages according to order and packing lists (quantity and quality)
- Contact Account Specialist if a mistake is identified
- Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
- Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
- Working Knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Basic math and excel skills
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Good eye for detail
- High school diploma
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Friday 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. 40 hours per week.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of a high school education and one year of factory-related experience in shipping and receiving.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Ability to obtain forklift truck operator license
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.