According to Wisconsin Governor Evers’ declaration, Components Company Inc. (CCI) is classified as an essential business and will remain open during this time.
The governor’s declaration says:
“v. Manufacture, distribution, and supply chain for critical products and industries. Manufacturing companies, distributors, and supply chain companies producing and supplying essential products and services in and for industries such as pharmaceutical, technology, biotechnology, healthcare, chemicals and sanitation, waste pickup and disposal, agriculture, food and beverage, transportation, energy, steel and steel products, petroleum and fuel, mining, construction, national defense, communications, and products used by other Essential Governmental Functions and Essential Businesses and Operations.”
Components Company (CCI) will remain fully open to meet the needs of our customers to the best of our abilities. We remain fully committed to the safety and well-being of all our employees. We have taken the following steps to protect our employees:
- Most importantly, CCI has a nurse on staff that is monitoring communications from the local Heath Department, the requirements from the CDC, and both federal and state regulations.
- CCI held our first Coronavirus internal meeting several weeks ago. At that time, new sanitizing procedures were put in place and future plans were discussed.
- CCI upper management meets daily, via Teams, to discuss any status changes within the company and to review virus updates. We are professional and nimble. We can adjust or incorporate new procedures quickly.
- CCI uses an outside firm to clean and sanitize the building twice a week.
- A procedure was put in place to have all handles throughout the building sanitized twice a day.
- All employees that work at desks are required to eat their lunch and take their snack breaks at their desk.
- Additional tables have been set up throughout the building for other employees to eat their lunch and take their snack breaks in private. The use of the common break room for lunch and breaks is off limits.
- The breakroom is sanitized twice a day for people who use the refrigerator or microwaves.
- CCI has always supplied all employees with hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes to keep their hands and their work areas clean.
- Proper hand washing is strongly encouraged. CCI provides the necessary time and product to perform this. New signage is being mounted around the building to remind everyone how important this function is.
- The 6 foot distancing recommendation is being diligently followed.
- Employees that are able to work from home are doing so.
- CCI has always been a strong proponent of using Teams for both internal and external meetings. The usage of this tool has increased. We are able to effectively communicate with our entire staff and our customers.
- All CCI employees have volunteered to have their temperature taken every morning first thing when they arrive at CCI. If someone is ever detected with a high temperature, medical attention will be provided immediately.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.