Components Company Inc. was founded in 1934 by H.A. Loomis as a Manufacturers’ Representative group located in downtown Milwaukee.
In the 1950s, the plant expanded and moved to Lisbon Avenue in Milwaukee where it became a distributor for the B.F. Goodrich Rivnut and Plusnut fasteners. In 1979, Joe Wittig joined the company and became the sole owner of the business in the early 1980s. It was at this time that the direction changed to a full-service, value-added manufacturing, sourcing and distribution company.
The company kept expanding and moved twice more before landing at its current location at 3320 Intertech Drive, Brookfield, Wis. During the expansions, new personnel were brought on including Connie Klippel, Vice President, who has retained the position to this day.
In 1999, Components Company received ISO 9001-2000 certification, which was upgraded to ISO 9001-2015 in 2017.
In 2010, we completed the construction of a new quality lab located adjacent to the shipping and receiving area which enhances our state-of-the art systems. We continue to grow and add new customers and new employees while at the same time retaining many who have worked here for more than 20+ years.